Growth Related Injuries
- Adolescent and Growth Related Injuries are of special interest at our practice.
- Adolescence is a time of change, in which a rapid increase in growth rate occurs with associated changes occurring throughout the body, including the musculoskeletal system.
- Our physiotherapy team includes Susan Eaton, who wrote her Masters Degree Treatise on Growth Related Injuries (The Traction Apophysitises) in the Adolescent Athlete. Our practice has benefited from the sharing of this knowledge and Susan has also lectured outside the practice (including at the University of Sydney) on Injuries in the Child and Adolescent Athlete.
- Our team of physiotherapists appreciate the changes that occur during growth and adolescence and understand the role that these changes may play in the development of the unique subset of injuries that may occur at this time.
- Our team of physiotherapists are experienced in the treatment and care of a wide variety of Growth related injuries including
- “Growing” pains
Sever’s disease (Heel pain)
- Tendon avulsion injuries